Thursday, October 16, 2008

Homestudy

Tomorrow, we complete our adoption home study.  Our social worker will come to our home and interview each of us separately and then together.  Once this is complete she can write up our home study, which will be sent to Ethiopia in our dossier packet.  We're excited to finish this as we can't apply for most grants until we do, it's a big step closer to completing our dossier, and of course it'll just feel good to have it done.  Hopefully we don't get nervous.  We're not too nervous yet.  Our social worker said it's not her job to approve of or disapprove of us as adoptive parents, it's just her job to write up this summary of us and our family.  So...wish us luck.

4 comments:

Lori said...

I love your blog and am so glad you started it. Good luck and I'm praying for you. I'm sure you will not get nervous and will actually enjoy the interviews because you both always interview so well. It is exciting to know she can begin writing your home study and send everything to Ethiopia and that you can start applying for grants. You should be very good at applying for grants with your experience applying for scholarships. Can't wait to hear about it all.
Love Mom

Daddio said...

There's only one problem with being inspected. You lost two fish in two days. Hmmmm!! Sounds like a safety issue to me. This blog idea is cool. I've never blogged before. It's a little too "hip" for me. Anyway, you're in our prayers and may God bless you both. Hope it all goes well.

Love ya. Yeh, you too Chris.

Daddio

Jarrod said...

I miss The Bruce... And Dom... But I will feel better when my nephew arrives!

Dev said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your fish- from what I've heard in your other comments. I absolutely love this blogspot that you guys started! And I'm so excited for your baby boy- and jealous! I'm sure you guys will do great (or already have, if you've already done it) on your home study!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...