Saturday, February 28, 2009

Psalm 37

I have a new affinity for David's Psalm 37.  It's an argument for living a righteous life.  David, a man after God's own heart, but who ends up doing some horrible things, lays out this attempt to convince us (and maybe himself) to live righteous lives.  It's like he's saying, "I know that sometimes that life is appealing... living for yourself and doing whatever you want.  But at the end of the day, it's not worth it."  He talks about the fact that the righteous stumble, but they never fall because God holds them in His hand.  

I've come to realize that sometimes I need to be convinced to live for God.  Sometimes it comes naturally and I'm not tempted to stray.  But sometimes, living for myself and doing whatever I want looks good.  And sometimes I need a reminder of why I do what I do and why it's worth it to give up everything to live for God.

So, thanks, David.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...