Monday, March 9, 2009

Effort.

Tonight, I was at my friend William's place rehearsing for a show we're in.  As his roommate's cat curled up beside my other friend on the couch, William confessed that when he was a child he observed that his father really hated their family dog.  Apparently this rubbed off on, and impacted William.  So with quite the conviction he explained to us that right now he's really working on loving this cat.  At first I thought this didn't seem like a big enough deal to be the sort of life goal my friend made it out to be.  But as I thought about it, I realized what a noble thing this was.  See, it takes effort to actually accomplish change in life... to better ourselves, even in the smallest ways.  So tonight I'm inspired to really commit to change something about myself and the way I live.  Not sure what yet.  But I wish that cat love.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...