Thursday, March 26, 2009

Living on a Prayer

This really impacted me when I read it yesterday.  I hope it moves you.

Benediction
 - from John Wesley's Covenant Service
Make me what thou wilt, Lord, and set me where thou wilt; let me be a vessel of silver or gold, or a vessel of wood or stone... I am content. If I be not the head, or the eye, or the ear, one of the nobler and more honorable instruments thou wilt employ, let me be the hand, or the foot, one of the most laborious, and lowest, and most contemptible of all the servants of my Lord. Let my dwelling be on the dunghill, my portion in the wilderness, my name and lot be amongst the hewers of wood, or drawers of water, among the door-keepers of thy house; any where, where I may be serviceable. I put myself wholly into thy hands: put me to what thou wilt, rank me with whom thou wilt. Put me to doing, put me to suffering, let me be employed for thee, or laid aside for thee, exalted for thee, or trodden under foot for thee; let me be full, let me be empty, let me have all things, let me have nothing. I freely, and heartily resign all to thy pleasure and disposal. Amen.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...