Friday, January 22, 2010

This will be one hard week.

I am always searching for Ethiopian adoption blogs and today I found one written by a family who just traveled to Ethiopia this month, picked up their 7 month old boy, stayed at the same hotel we're staying at, and used the same agency as us which means they had the same lawyer in Ethiopia we'll have, went to the same orphanage, etc, etc, etc.

It was so cool to read every detail of their trip and know that one week from today, we are going on pretty much that exact same journey. I CANNOT WAIT!!! This family blogged that the night before they flew to Ethiopia they couldn't sleep and both woke up at 3:45 am and just decided to get up. I'm thinking this very well might be us and I can't wait.

I can't wait to lose tons of sleep. I can't wait to travel to a distant land where I feel completely out of my comfort zone. I can't wait to eat food I've never eaten. I can't wait for 27 hours straight of traveling.

And I can't wait to see my baby boy in person. I can't wait for the nanny to walk into the room and say, "Girum" so that we know without a doubt that one's our son. I can't wait to feed him a bottle and to change his diaper and to look into his eyes. I can't for the first time one of us is able to make him laugh or smile or show some sign of attachment. I can't wait to bathe him and dance with him.

God, give us the strength to get through this week. And give Ephraim the strength to get through what he has no idea is coming.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...