Monday, January 25, 2010

So Close

Well, it's almost here. Soon we'll be on a plane to Addis Ababa. So many feelings, emotions, thoughts.

Last night I couldn't fall asleep because I was thinking about Ephraim and about our trip. I woke up in the middle of the night feeling very anxious and nervous. Chris has always thought we won't be able to sleep the night before we go, but I am ALWAYS able to sleep so I thought it wouldn't happen to me. But here we are, not even the night before yet, and I can't sleep.

I want to use this last bit of time before we go to complete what needs to be done for our trip and for making our home baby-ready. Finish packing, stock the freezer and pantry with non-perishables so we don't have to worry about grocery shopping when we get back, try to get Ephraim's scrapbook/lifebook up to date, clean the house, see family one last time, all that. But I also want to use it to try to enjoy the little things I won't be able to do for a while once we get Ephraim. I want to sleep in, read, watch movies, get a manicure. The temptation is to not enjoy this time because we so badly want to be to our travel date already. But I know we should force ourselves to enjoy it.

The time we have left is becoming busy. We have something planned for every evening. And I'm glad. Because it'll make the time go faster.

Chris and I just keep commenting to each other that our lives are going to be completely different very soon.

A year and a half into this process and it's actually here. We're really getting our son soon. Surreal. Really, it is. I've been thanking God this weekend for calling us to do this. He chose us and I will always be so thankful for that because this has been and will continue to be an amazing journey. It's been hard and joyful and has taught us a lot about God and ourselves. It's been challenging and a blessing. And we've loved it.

1 comment:

RamonandTara said...

So excited for you guys! God is so good. We can't wait to meet your son.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...