Friday, April 23, 2010

Yup, I'm a Mom
















I'm leaving Ephraim (and Chris) for the whole day tomorrow for the first time. Heading down south for a friend's bridal shower, leaving at 9 am, getting back around 10 pm. It's taken me by surprise that it feels like it's going to be really hard to leave Ephraim for a whole day. I've read and heard about moms finding it very difficult to leave their children for a day or a weekend, but maybe I didn't think it would be for me. I mean, I'm not considering not going or thinking I'm going to cry or anything. But I know I'm REALLY going to miss him and it's going to be weird for me to not take care of a baby for a whole day!

I think it'll be really good, though. I think it'll be nice for me to have a break and for Chris to have some serious bonding. I think it'll be good for Chris to see what I do every day. He does a lot with Ephraim, don't get me wrong. He is a very involved dad. But he's never been the sole care provider for a whole day. He's never put Ephraim to bed completely by himself, something I do at least twice a week because of his work schedule. And I'm blessed with a husband who is VERY appreciative of all I do and consistently tells me how much he appreciates how hard I work, etc. Still, I think it'll be good for him to have a day alone with Ephraim.

So hopefully I am able to just enjoy the trip and the shower without worrying about or missing that baby too much. It's amazing how quickly they steal your heart.

1 comment:

mary gendron said...

I love this post! It's right on. I always have a hard time leaving. Once I'm gone...I throughly enjoy my time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...