Tuesday, October 5, 2010

My Current Reads

I love to read.  I love to read too much because I'm constantly in the middle of about five books and four magazines.  Then I forget about one of the books and it goes untouched for months at a time.  Perhaps I need to condense my current reads, but here they are, just the books for now.

The Bible.  I've been working on reading the whole thing front to back for probably a couple years now.  The good news is I'm in Acts.  So I'm seeing the end come into view.   If you've never read it straight through Genesis to Revelation, I recommend it.  It gives you a different sort of insight.


The Wednesday Sisters by Meg Waite Clayton.  The truth is I haven't picked up this novel in probably 5 months, but it is really good and I do recommend it.


Parenting Your Internationally Adopted Child by Patty Cogen.  I've praised this book here before.  It is a must if you have or are going to adopt internationally.  So helpful!


Raising Adopted Children by Lois Ruskai Melina.  Not as good as I hoped it would be, but still some useful stuff.


I have to say that most of my reading of books lately has been consumed by books on adoption.  This is due to the fact that I love reading about parenting for the adoptive family and the fact that I often feel like I don't know what I'm doing!  


Writing this post has made me want to pick up that Wednesday Sisters again, though.  So hopefully I'll finish that soon.  I do love a good novel!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...