Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Thousand Thanks

Check out my husband's Thousand Thanks for the week at the highs and lows and highs of life.

As we work toward listing 100 things each week that we are grateful for, we've realized it is making us more aware of what actually transpires each day.  I find myself taking mental photographs throughout the day as I want to remember that sunset that made me smile, that cute outfit my son wore, that moment that just felt right and good.  When I sit down with my journal at the end of the day, I look back and remember each little way that God blessed me.  It's good for the soul.

So I'm still working on this week's 100, but here are a few thanks from my list:

57.  $3 Pants.  On Monday I went into Gymboree with my 20% off coupon.  I don't frequent this store as it is more expensive than Target.  I know that cuts out a lot of stores, but Target's just so cheap.  Anyway, the cashier informed me they were giving 30% off everything that day.  So I tucked my coupon into my pocket, grabbed a pair of pants off the clearance rack, took an extra 30% off, and proudly walked out with $3 pants.

60.  The Fruit Stand.  I love buying fresh local produce and there is a fruit stand at a house on Caldwell Avenue that is cheap and delicious.  For that, I am grateful.

88.  Park Day.  On Tuesday, Ephraim and I went to the park with my sister-in-law and her daughters.  I'm so grateful for my relationship with her and the bond that comes through having kids the same age.

99.  Chocolate.  For that fine delicacy, a thousand thanks, Lord.

Give thanks.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

These are excellent thankful items. I love scoring those deals. And, chocolate? Marvelous.

Have a blessed week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...