Monday, November 1, 2010

A Thousand Thanks...a revision.

My husband and I had a revelation of sorts.  It was simply this: 1000 is a big number!  It's going to take years to get to 1000 thanks at the rate we're going.  AND we started this series to challenge ourselves to become more grateful...to notice more things more often for which we can give thanks.

So we came up with a plan.  We are each going to make lists of 100 thanks per week.  But we realize you don't want to read that much about our lives so we'll just post a few "highlights" of each week's lists.  And we'll let you know how we're doing with this 100 per week thing.  Hey, do you wanna join us?

Here are a few things I'm grateful for this week:

Ephraim is consistently sleeping through the night!!!  You have no idea what this means to us unless you have experienced parenting a child who does not sleep well...ever...for months and months and months.


November is here.  I'm just excited.  I'm grateful we made it through another month.  I'm grateful for the weather, the beauty, the potential a new month holds.


The power of scent.  I always find it fascinating how scent has the ability to remind us of things, to bring back memories, to evoke certain feelings.  Right now I have a Yankee fall scented candle burning and it just makes me feel good.

The love of my husband.  For some reason, he has made me feel extra loved today.  Not that he doesn't usually make me feel loved, but you know those times when you just feel extra loved?  It's the way he looks at you or the hug that lasts a little longer than usual.  For a husband who truly loves me and for the glimpse he gives me into the way You love me, a thousand thanks, Lord!



Give thanks.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...