Thursday, January 6, 2011

Sleep is Underrated

I don't know if I've mentioned it on my blog, but Ephraim has been consistently sleeping through the night for a couple months now.  Of course, there have been upsets in this magnificence due to a cold, Christmas crazyness, etc.  But overall, two months now.  Hallelujah, my friends!

The amount of time slept has been increasing recently, too.  Our 9-hour-a-night boy has been taking to 10 or 11 hours on some very special nights.

And this week, ah, this week, his naps have been getting longer, too.  Our son sleeps one hour and fifteen minutes during his one nap each day.  It's almost to the dot every day.  But this week we've had a 2 1/2 hour nap and a 2 hour nap.  And I'm praying it keeps going today.  I told Chris I don't know who this kid is, but I would like him to stick around.

Sleep seems to be an issue in a lot of children from complex backgrounds.  It's hard to have a kid who doesn't sleep.  It doesn't give you as the parents time to recuperate.  But things are looking up.

I'm praising God for the increased, better sleep as of late.  I'm praying it will continue.  Because everyone in the Feierbach house is a whole lot happier when Ephraim sleeps well.

2 comments:

Meg Fletcher said...

Yay! Praise the Lord! A little quite time during the day is magical!

Ang said...

Oh Laurel, I just have to laugh. The joys and woes of sleep. Gabriel woke up @ 1:00 am, and he was literally awake for hours. It was as though he awoke, ready for the day, just a few hours short of normal wake up time. He fell asleep on the chair w/ me eventually. I took him back to bed @ 5:30. We'll see how tonight goes. The weird thing is, this happened w/ Ana last week. I agree-sleep is definitely under-rated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...