Thursday, March 10, 2011

Ode to Ephraim


The boy is a talker.  I feel like the last couple of weeks, his vocabulary has just exploded.  He's using complete sentences and he'll try to say pretty much anything he hears you say...this can be dangerous.


He gets extremely frustrated when he can't physically do something.  Examples: fit a riding toy, large firetruck, and large dump truck into a cardboard box at the same time; pile 7 toy animals, a remote control and a sock onto a rather small toy train.  You get the way this goes?


Yesterday I took him to Target in search of clothing with tractors on it.  Why?  Because that's what he wants to wear every day.  And he only has one tractor shirt.  You can see the problem here.  Target did not come through so we bought a toy tractor instead.


Ephraim's laugh is contagious, his hugs are tight, and he now says "hold you" when he wants you to pick him up.  He is thinning out and I mean really thinning out.  He'll probably end up like his uncle Jarrod and WANT to put on weight his whole life but to not much avail.  And he won't know how lucky he is.

He delights us and he exhausts us.  Actually, I think he does the same to himself!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh I love these pics, they so remind me of my now seven year old when he was that age! Especially the first two, yes, he was a sand eater! :) I'm guessing you don't have any Farm and Fleet stores, but they have an abundance of tractor shirts! :) Maybe ebay??? Good luck!

Laurel Feierbach said...

Lisa, I have never heard of Farm and Fleet, but I am going to look them up...thanks! We did find a couple tractor shirts at Kohls today!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...