Thursday, April 28, 2011

Easter

Well, I had a cold on Easter this year, which was really a "bumma dude," as E would say.  I unfortunately didn't feel well enough to go to church even though I really wanted to.  So E and I stayed home and I rested as much as possible.  After naptime, we had our own little Easter egg hunt.  Chris put money and whistles he found in a drawer into some eggs and threw them around the lawn.  Because that's what you do when you're cheap and last-minute.


I really didn't want to have to miss all of the family celebrations and E's egg hunts with cousins and I decided I felt well enough to stop by each side of the family.  I stayed away from everyone and designated myself more as the photographer than the person in the thick of the celebrations.  To be honest, I've felt bad about going ever since.  I suppose it was selfish of me to risk getting other people sick just because I didn't want to miss out on the fun.  I should have stayed home.  BUT we did have a lovely time.

First we stopped by my parents' house.  E's grandparents and great-grandparents had Easter presents for him including Mr. Potato Head and Elmo pajamas.  My brother and his wife joined us as well and we all took E outside for an egg hunt.  This did not hold his attention long as being in my parents' backyard reminded him of the snail hunt he had with Uncle Jarrod the day before.  The desire to hunt snails was way more enticing than that to hunt plastic eggs.

an egg hunt forgotten

there were snails to be found

my mom, grandma, sister-in-law, me

chris, my brother, e, my dad doing something manly

From there we ventured on to Chris's parents' house.  We shared a meal with parents, siblings, nieces, nephews, cousins, grandparents.  And then Chris's cousins' oldest boys hid a ton of eggs for all the little cousins.  Three kids were old enough to actually search for eggs and all the toddlers and babies just made a huddle in the middle of the lawn to raid some candy.

candy raid

  


As I stood there watching the kids play, hunt eggs, run after candy, I found myself thinking something like, "Am I really at this stage of life?"  Have you been there?  I'm the mom on the sidelines with the camera cheering on the kids.  It sort of took me by surprise, you know?  In a good way.

and here's our easter family portrait complete with a stick

we had to struggle to get that stick out of mommy's face

and out of e's face

Hope you had a great celebration of the Lord's resurrection!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...