Monday, April 4, 2011

Miscellany

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

a day off
Chris has been working like mad the past month.  With switching jobs, wrapping things up at the old job, taking on two new jobs, etc., he has only had about two days off since March 1.  He had to work all day Saturday for the Red Cross so they gave him today off.  Hallelujah!  He was exhausted and it's so nice to have him home for a day!

my friend called "teething"
It's really not my friend.  It's a houseguest I wish would pack up and leave already!  Ephraim is taking much longer with this right of passage than his cousins have.  He'll be two next month and last month we had three teeth come in at once...and another just started coming in.  Finish already, buddy!

prices went up
My husband just wondered aloud how our monthly food budget has increased by $100 over the past almost two years.  I told him food prices have gone up.  I noticed milk cost more just last week.  And we buy a lot of milk in our house, folks!  Then there's adding a toddler.  No, he doesn't require as much groceries and another adult, but he does eat and he does drink and we buy more because he's around.  Have you noticed a jump in your grocery budget?  Bleh.

3 comments:

Emily P. said...

I live in TX and we usually shopped at wal mart. We got sick of the rising prices and switched to HEB. Just this week we were 40 dollars under budget for groceries!

Lori said...

I have to agree about prices rising-- ESPECIALLY gas! Eeeek. Everything is getting more and more pricey. :(

New follower, please stop on by..
http://penelopeblue.blogspot.com/

Lindy said...

I have noticed grocery prices going UP. Then again I have a toddler who can eat 2 eggs for breakfast and not be full. Hope you have a great week. Your little boy looks like a sweetie (minus the cranky teething I'm sure).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...