Wednesday, May 18, 2011

it could be a match!

We've been in the matching process for our next adoption for about 3 weeks now.  And guess what?  Yesterday we received an email on a possible match.  I debated whether or not I wanted to blog about this because it is still unsure, but in an effort to be honest on this blog and to be a source of information and encouragement for those considering or in process of adopting, here I go! 

So we received a brief email with a tiny bit of information about a boy who is only slightly younger than E.  The Lord does His own thing, you know what I'm saying?  We have decided to move forward with this process so the next step will be a disclosure meeting with us, our social worker, and the child's social worker.  At this meeting we will find out everything there is for us to find out about this little guy and then both parties will determine whether or not to move forward.  In a nutshell, we could have another child in about 3 weeks!  What!?!

This fost/adopt process is so very different from International adoption.  With E, we knew who he was and then we knew we'd have about 3 or 4 months before we brought him home.  Don't get me wrong here...that was AWFUL.  I would take bringing home your child in 2 or 3 weeks over that any time any day.  But it is CRAZY to think of all that we need to do in a matter of weeks. 

Please pray for us as we continue this adventure.  Please pray for wisdom for us and for God's will and for a smooth transition for all of us.  Thank you so much!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh goosebumps! How exciting for you guys!! Praying everything goes smoothly and that you can all have some peace over the next couple of weeks!

Little Miss Emmy Lou said...

This is really exciting!

I have some questions for you because I am thinking that this might be a good option for our family but would love your input, as I am pretty naive about the process. I couldn't find your email in your profile - could you email me at es1237 at gmail dot com if you ever get a few extra moments?

Thanks!

Rachel said...

Very exciting!

I am praying for you and for the entire process.

God's blessings.

Rachel

Devonna said...

How exciting! I'll be praying for you guys! I hope it all works out :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...