Monday, May 2, 2011

Miscellany Marriage

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

I haven't blogged much about the story of my husband and I.  My blog mostly focuses on adoption and our son and us as a family unit.  So I thought today I'd give you a little miscellany about my marriage.  

1.    My husband is 6 1/2 years older than I am.  It works really well...I'm just saying.
2.    On June 1 we will celebrate our 4 year anniversary.
3.    We were married in Three Rivers, which is a little town by Sequoia National Park.  I grew up in this town.  We were married outdoors on the river.
4.     Chris has helped me become a less stressed out person.  I used to be a stressball and my husband "doesn't get stressed."  He's been a blessing to me in that way.
5.    We talked about adopting even before we were married because it was already on both of our hearts.
6.    Chris was my first boyfriend.
7.    We told each other, "I love you" after 3 months of dating.  
   *Okay, due to my husband's correction in the comments section I am reminded that we said, "I love you" after one month of dating and it was after 3 months that we decided we would marry each other.  Thanks for the refreshing, Chris!
8.    Chris is a heart person and I'm a head person.  So it works.
9.    We got engaged at the beach.  He might be mad at this, but I can't remember if it was Newport or Huntington.  I'm bad with those kinds of things.  I remember the scene very well, but I don't recall which beach it was.
10.    We were engaged after 13 months of dating and got married 9 months later.  One of the best decisions I ever made!

Very early in our dating relationship

Our wedding.  This was the third kiss Chris pulled me in for, which is why my maid of honor is laughing so hard in the background!

And here we are now.


4 comments:

Something really creative... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Something really creative... said...

Okay, first of all we said, "I love you" after one month of dating. It was September 2. And it was Newport. No way I'd propose at Huntington.
You're right. I am a heart person.

Linda said...

That is a sweet love story. Three kisses! Wow! (:>)

You two make a cute couple. That is nice that he helps you not to stress out.

My husband is a blessing to me...and he and I have been married for almost 35 years.

I hope you and your hubby and son will have a long and happyy life together.

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Heart n Soul said...

So nice to meet you and get to know you....just popped over from Miscellany Monday to say hello. Looking forward to reading and hearing more of your lovely story.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...