Friday, July 8, 2011

A Few Favorite Things...

...about today.

I need to write this post because with all the exhaustion and crazyness of life right now I'm having a little trouble really enjoying the days.

But today I find joy in:

1.  Healthy breakfast for my kids:  I made the boys whole wheat pancakes this morning, threw in some oats, and tossed a few dark chocolate chips on top (good for their hearts, right?).  They loved it.

2.  J-Man, as we've grown to call him, has been giving me so many kisses today.  He'll grab my face, turn it toward him, and kiss me on the lips.  Melts my heart.

3.  Yo Gabba Gabba:  My sisters-in-law have been telling me their kids love this show and I turned it on for the boys today.  It's really quite weird, but they definitely liked it!


4.  Chris and I are planning to relax this evening.  I don't know how we'll do that and the length of time allowed will of course depend upon the hour at which our defiant little sleeper, E decides to nod off.  But it's bound to be a favorite time today.

friday favorite things | finding joy

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I think I missed the whole addition of J to the family! How exciting!

Laurel Feierbach said...

He's not officially ours yet...we are in visitation with a hearing next week to decide if he'll be placed with us!

Rachel said...

Lovely pictures -- I can TOTALLY see why they are favorites.

Praying for you!!

By the way -- I can honestly tell you that every time I come to your blog I am so blessed by the picture of you on the right side of your blog...beautiful.

Rachel

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...