Friday, August 12, 2011

The Best, The Hardest

Summer is coming to an end (although it will be HOT here for another 2 months).


It was the best part of my summer, it was the hardest part of my summer.

J-Man.  June was full of long road trips to Sacramento (sometimes 3 times a week) to pick him up and drop him off and have another hearing fail to make a decision and pick him up again and drop him off again, etc, etc, etc.


Officially in our family and in our home July12!  A family of 4!  Another son!

A brother for E!


The best part of my summer.  He cuddles into my neck sometimes.  His Daddy has taught him to say a 20-month-old version of "I love you."  He laughs easy.  He's learning to share with his brother.

The hardest part of my summer.  A 2-year-old and a 20-month-old is hard.  Hard to figure out how to accomplish outings, bedtime, feeding myself too.

My face is slapped and pinched when I try to rock my baby at night.  That's hard on a mother's spirit.  He's resistant to Daddy's affection.  That's hard on a father's spirit.

Adoption is a blessing, a gift, a joy.  It's also a challenge, an adjustment, a learning curve so to speak.  But becoming that little boy's mommy is the BEST part of my summer.

friday favorite things | finding joy

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

i love your blog title! and although we have not adopted, it is something we are praying about. great post!

Rachel said...

What a beautiful and heartfelt post. I am so happy for your family as it's become a family of four. Such an incredible blessing!

Praying for those hard moments of the summer and that in those hard moments that the Lord would give you incredible snippets of joy. And for no more pinching...:)

Blessings to you this weekend.

Rachel

Flower Patch Farmgirl said...

Amen to all of this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...