Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Deck the Halls

After a crazy week and weekend, we found some good family time, just the four of us, on Sunday.  E cried to stay home that day and we could tell both boys were just over it.  So once Chris got home from work, we cozied up in our house and we enjoyed being together as a family.


I was chomping at the bit to decorate for Christmas since I grew up doing it the day after Thanksgiving and Chris was lovely to oblige by getting the decorations out of the attic and setting up the tree with the boys.  It's a challenge to decorate with two 2-year-old boys whose main mission in life is to throw everything they can get their hands on.  I had to do what I have learned to do and just let go, breathe deeply, and know they're just things.  I let E help me dig through the ornament box and I tried not to worry about something breaking.  I let him play with the nutcracker he got excited about and just hoped that maybe it would survive in one piece.  Because they are just things, after all, and getting ready for Christmastime is a family affair.


As E lay in bed with me this morning, he suddenly asked, "Mommy, where'd the Christmas tree goed?"  It was one of the first things on his mind this morning!  Both boys are loving the Fisher Price nativity set my in-laws got E last year.  It's so precious to watch them play with all the pieces and it's a great and easy way I get to tell them the Christmas story while they play.  E took the little Baby Jesus to sleep last night and is currently sleeping with it in his bed for naptime.  Doesn't that just make you go, "Awww"?

1 comment:

Venessa said...

How sweet! I cant wait for our babe to decorate with us! She does enjoy watching the lights though :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...