Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Fireside Chat

Chris has been knocked on his butt by the flu this week and J-Man is on his 2nd week of a cold.  I'm tired. Right now I feel very blessed to live by family as my parents have picked up the boys for the second night in a row so Chris and I could rest, run to the grocery store, throw in some laundry, etc.  I don't take that kind of help very often so it feels weird to do it, but I know we needed it.  I keep telling myself this is the last night I can do this, though!

Anyway, as we enjoy our last 30 minutes before the boys come home, we're sitting all cozy by a raging fire sipping hot cocoa (me) and tea (Chris).  I just wanted to share something with ya'll that I think is so neat.

I follow this blog about a family who has adopted and has also moved to Haiti where they serve and do really cool things through Heartline, which has a maternity center where women can find care, education, and safety before, during, and after giving birth.  I've been so blessed to read about what this place does to prevent more children being orphaned...rocks me!  Tonight I was reading about Prayer Doulas and I just love this idea.  Doulas provide non-medical support to women during pregnancy and birth and this is a lovely way to do something so simple yet so profound.  Join me in praying for some of these women and their babies!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...