Thursday, February 23, 2012

Lately

Lent began yesterday and I look forward to what this season will do to me.  If you don't observe Lent, it's the 40 days between Ash Wednesday (yesterday) and Easter Sunday.  Many people will "give something up" for Lent, which is supposed to be something that distracts you from God or doesn't further your relationship with Him.  Many will also "take something up" that brings you closer to God.  It's a time of preparation for Easter and what it means.  

Anyway, I have given up tv during naptime and taken up quiet time with the Lord during naptime.  It's been a long time since I've devoted any significant time to prayer and Bible reading.  My goal is to spend a half hour in these activities while my kids nap.  I am giving up tv during that time because this is often what I do to recharge and refresh instead of finding that in the Lord.  I'm excited about it.

Do you observe Lent?  What are you giving up or taking up?

Last weekend was exhausting for us because of a certain little boy and his need for structure.  See this post.  This week has plunged us further into exhaustion and the coming weekend is sure to continue this plunge with all we have planned.  I don't know when we'll get a chance to recover.  Do you have those times where there's no recovery period in sight?  


At the same time, he's so dang cute, isn't he!?!  Chris sold an amp that he never really used and we used the money to buy a new camera because ours was taking grainy pictures all of a sudden.  We bought a Canon Rebel and I am really enjoying it.  You can do cool stuff even if you don't know anything about photography (like me!) and it takes really good pictures!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...