Tuesday, April 24, 2012
I follow a blog called Finding Joy and she is in the middle of a series called Ten Days of Intentional Parenting. I have been reading this series off and on and it's quite good. The first day was called Awake and the journaling portion asks us to list 5 things we love about how we mother and 5 things we want to change about how we mother. So here goes.
5 things I love about how I mother.
1. I read with my kids a lot and I have incorporated it into our daily routine.
2. I've researched the best ways to build attachment in adoptive parenting and I do those things consistently.
3. I'm teaching my kids some Amharic.
4. I take a lot of photos and videos of my kids.
5. I encourage my kids to spend as much time as possible outside every day.
5 things I want to change about how I mother.
1. I use a harsh voice too much with my kids.
2. I want to only use my computer when my kids are sleeping.
3. I want to be more consistent with rules and discipline.
4. I want to limit their tv time to an hour and a half a day during the week.
5. I want to bring more art into their lives. (we've never painted!)
There it is. Share something you love about how you mother and something you want to change. Or leave a link to your own list on your blog.