Saturday, June 30, 2012

Favorites

Stress levels are high around here as of late.  It has to do with starting a business, finances being really tight, and trying to make some life decisions.  Chris is in his 30s and I am now 26, but we are still trying to figure out what we're doing in life!  I actually like it.  I guess I worry more about what other people will think of us.  We find inspiration and comfort in looking at the lives of Jesus and Paul who never "settled down" into a lifelong career at one company, a home they'd stay in until they retired, or even a city they'd call "home".  I'm not saying those things are bad, just that we should also stay open to the Spirit's leading even in a culture of "planting roots."

That was a bit of a tangent, but roll with me.  What I'm trying to get to is that amidst the stress, I find value in pausing to look back at some favorites from the week.

Hanging in the backyard.  
It's been so much cooler than normal this week and I've loved
feeling comfortable in the shade of our backyard (rather than sweat pouring out of my face!).

If ever I can't find J-Man...
I make sure to check my bed!  
He has a newfound affinity for it and must always lay on Mommy's pillow specifically.
His new fave is to cuddle up with his LeapPad and just chillax.

A gymnast in the fam.
E started a gymnastics class last week and it's been fun to see him try something new.
He was showing me his muscles in this picture.
The kid can rock a football shirt, confidently flaunt his muscles,
 and take gymnastics with pretty much all girls
(there's one other boy in the class).
He's just plain cool.

 The train enthusiast.
When he looks at you with those eyes and ever so sweetly says, 
"Will you play trains with me?"
it's pretty much impossible to resist.

I hope you can find the things to love in your week, even amidst stress, busyness, and heat!  Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Chris said...

Thanks for the reminder, hottie. Glad you're up for the unknown.

Jarrod said...

This is an excellent blog post! Love every part of it! -Jarrod

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...