Saturday, June 9, 2012

I'm Getting Into Photography


It's true, ya'll.  I've been getting into it and trying to learn more about it as a mom because you want to capture all those moments, you know?  But I'm finding that I really enjoy it!  It's a really nice creative outlet for this stay-at-home actor-turned-mama.

My husband is an encourager.  He tells me all the time how good my pictures are.  I know he's biased and I know he's my husband, but he makes me feel like maybe I could take pictures of more than just my own family and maybe people would like them.  So I put it out there a little and offered free photo sessions to build up my portfolio.  I took headshots for a writer friend yesterday and did a family shoot for another friend this morning.

Guess what?  It's fun!  I love it!  This could be a really nice new gig for me.  I know I still have a lot to learn, but I'm game.

Any tips for someone getting into photography?  Any good websites to check out?  Do tell.



2 comments:

Katie said...

I love the photos you've posted recently! I would love to get into photography some day, but I think now is just not my season for that. One day! What kind of camera do you shoot with?

Laurel Feierbach said...

Thanks so much, Katie! I shoot with a Canon Rebel t1i and I really like it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...