Thursday, July 19, 2012

Keep the Faith



Those of us who are Christians want our kids to grow up and be passionate about their faith, right?  We fear that one day they might walk away and we try our hardest to make sure that doesn't happen because we know the Life and Love that are Christ.  

What I'm thinking a lot about lately is that I want my kids to see Chris and I living a life of such adventure, such passion, such crazy love, such sacrifice for others, that they don't grow up and walk away from Jesus.  I don't want to simply raise them to be moral individuals who don't cuss and who go to church every Sunday.  I want them to take it so much further than that.  And I think in order for that to happen, Chris and I have to model it.  

Because that's what I believe about following Christ.  It's not boring, it's not just about morals or church involvement, it's not just standing against certain things.  It's about changing the world.  It's about loving in a way that just affects people.  

But sometimes that kind of life flat out scares me.  Sometimes it intimidates me.  Sometimes it seems to leave behind a lot of the things people around me want for me.  It's sacrificial.  It hurts.  It's uncomfortable... to really live as Christ tells us and modeled for us to live.

But that's how I want to live.  That's how I want my boys to live.  I'm not totally sure how to do that or what all it entails.  But I'm going to keep trying.  I'm going to keep trying to become more sold out for Christ and I'm going to keep praying that my kids grow up to take it even further.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I absolutely love this. Perfect to read tonight.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...