Friday, August 24, 2012

It's Windy Up In Here



We have listed our house, friends!  We listed it on Wednesday, had one showing that day, 5 showings yesterday, and we have one scheduled for today!  It has been a whirlwind and I can't wait for it to be over!

It's hard to keep your house completely picked up and clean, beds made, etc. all day every day in case someone wants to pop in!  With two toddlers, it's very hard!  We're just hoping we get a great offer (or several!) quickly so we can find a new place to rent, move in, unpack, and start the task of settling and adjusting to a new chapter of life.

Last night, I had a meltdown.  We cooked a delicious steak dinner, but it would've tasted much better for both of us if my face hadn't been a mess of tears and mascara the whole time we ate!  It's a stressful time.  We've been working hard for months to get the place ready to sell, now there's the stress of showing it, and then there'll be the stress of moving, and then the stress of helping two toddlers who don't do well with change adjust to all new surroundings.  So there's not really an end in sight!  Plus I've started two different jobs this week.

And then there are the opinions!  When you decide to sell your house, EVERYONE has an opinion on whether or not this is the "right" time to sell.  EVERYONE seems to claim they somehow know when the market will go up and by how much!  EVERYONE seems to think renting is just not a good idea.

Here's the thing: when you feel like God has told you to sell your house, you sell your house!  Life is about walking through doors, right?  I don't think I've ever known 100% that I was walking through the right door, but sometimes you just have to walk through one.

But here's what I'm learning...Last night as I lay in bed, exhausted, this came into my head: "If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.  But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind." - James 1.5,6

We've been asking God for wisdom in this area for a really long time, friends.  So we should believe He has given it to us.  But the wind has been blowing hard from every direction, and I have been like that dang wave.  Literally every day this week, someone questions our decision to sell, and literally every day I go flopping all over the sea.  I rethink everything, I question everything, I doubt everything.  That is no way to live.

So today I will believe God does give wisdom when we ask.  I will remember that we have asked, and I will trust that we have received and I will go where God tells me even when the wind tries to push me elsewhere.  Ahoy, matey!

4 comments:

GenesisPools said...

We felt the same way when we chose to rent out our beautiful home and scale down to a rental half the size! But we knew the Lord wanted us to be good stewards with the resources He had given us. Be strong, be faithful...the Lord will bless your obedience.

Meg Fletcher said...

I know what you're going through it's super hard for people to understand the workings of God in our lives, even for Christians for some reason. Probably because acting in faith looks risky to people on the outside but the people on the inside usually have a peace about it.

Elisabeth said...

Something that I've learned over the past few months, in witnessing my closest friends come to results as well as a couple myself, is that Total and complete faith = Total and complete results, even if they aren't the results we were expecting. If this is what God was telling you to do, then I think it is awesome that you are stepping out in faith and following His call. I hope all goes well for you guys, and will be praying the stress comes a little easier.

Laurel Feierbach said...

Thanks so much for the encouragement, guys! It's so nice to have some of that right now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...