Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Sold!



We sold our house in 3 days!  We listed it last Wednesday, showed it 8 times by Friday, and accepted an offer above asking price on Saturday!  It felt like confirmation that we are doing what God wants us to do.  And I was very grateful for that confirmation.

So we are in a 45 day or less escrow, which means moving day will probably be early October.  Here we go!

It's a huge relief and yet I feel like now the real work begins!  I've been gathering boxes from friends and have packed a tiny bit.  And we're scouring the town for rentals.  The whole thing is a little overwhelming to me, to be honest.  I keep telling myself to just do one thing each day to work toward the move.  Yesterday I picked up some boxes from my sister-in-law, today I went to a property management company we'd been wanting to check out.  Baby steps!

E is still struggling.  No surprise there.  I think once we have a place picked out, it will help him.  Right now, moving is just some abstract idea we keep talking about, but I think when he can see the new place, it will make more sense to him.  I've realized I need to involve him more in the moving process instead of trying to protect him so much from it.  By doing things to make it fun and exciting and involving him more, I think he'll have more time to adjust to the idea.

Please share any tips you have for helping kids through a move...I'd love to hear them!  Stacey, if you're reading this, I'd LOVE to hear from you!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Only by the grace of God Laurel!!! ;) ha. Lots and lots of prayer! I know He will give you the grace you need. Praying for you guys! And SO glad for you for the quick sale!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...