Friday, September 21, 2012

It's the weekend, baby!



Ah, that feels good!

It has been a week, let me tell you!  Last Friday night a strange sharp pain started in my abdomen.  It moved to my right side and continued there, off and on, for 4 days.  On day 3, I decided to see the doctor, fearing appendicitis.  The doctor was quite perplexed because the pain was literally in the exact spot my appendix sits, but I had no other symptoms and only moderate pain.  He called in Doctor B for a second opinion.  I was the last appointment of the day so there was no way for them to know until the following day if I had appendicitis.  I was given antibiotics to begin and blood was drawn.

Needless to say, I spent all evening and night worried that my appendix might just burst at any moment.  The doctor had said he had known cases where there's minimal pain and then the appendix still bursts.  Oh dear!

I'm a health worrier so this was not good for me!

I called first thing the next morning to find out my labs looked "good," but they were still going to order an ultrasound to make sure nothing was wrong.  The following day I had an ultrasound of my entire pelvis and abdomen plus an internal exam.  Yes, you read that right.  The ladies told me that they would only be able to see my appendix in these tests if it was inflamed.  They couldn't see it so that meant I did not have appendicitis!  Then you move through the usual deal of "we'll call you if there's a problem."  No call yet so hopefully everything is fine.  By the way, my pain has gone away.

None of this was a huge ordeal...except I guess the appendicitis fear...but I just felt uneasy and worried all week.

Anyway, I'm excited to have arrived at the weekend with my appendix still intact!

I'm trying to schedule a babysitter for tomorrow so Chris and I can go on a date.  Sunday will be very busy for us with a combined birthday party for Chris, his dad, his brother, and his brother-in-law, followed by a wedding Chris is going to.

What's one thing you're grateful to have gotten through this week?  I'd love to hear!


friday favorite things | finding joy

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...