Sunday, September 23, 2012

Preach It!


Chris and I will be speaking on adoption and orphan care at a local church in a couple weeks.  It is the church that my brother pastors in our town.  I'm really excited about it!

This will be the first time Chris and I have spoken together so it should be an interesting process!  I am excited to talk to other Christians about something I am so passionate about; something the Bible defines as "true religion." 

"True religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."  James 1.27

It is a blessing to be able to share our journey with others and hopefully to inspire some to do something to take care of orphans as well. 

Since entering the world of adoption, I have been constantly surprised by the amount of people who tell me, "I've always wanted to adopt" or "I'd love to adopt one day."  Yet, I only know a handful of people who actually do.  It seems God has put this on so many hearts yet so many of us ignore it or push it aside or are just too scared. 

I am an adoption advocate and I am so very grateful for any chance I get to do some advocating!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a question, why did you remove wanting what you have from your blog list?

Laurel Feierbach said...

I just never really read that blog anymore, Anonymous! I enjoyed it for a time, but had stopped reading it a while back and I like to keep my blog list updated with blogs I currently check regularly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...