Tuesday, January 1, 2013

a prayer for a new year


This past year wore me out!  It was exhausting!  We sold our house and downsized to an apartment.  Chris left full-time ministry after 6 years and started his own personal training business.  We moved his business from our garage to a shared space to his own building now.  We finalized J-Man's adoption.  I started a photography business.  I started teaching acting classes for 2 different after-school programs.  My papa passed away.  It was a huge year.

And now we're tired.  I want this next year to be a little easier.  I want it to bring a little less change, a little less challenge, a little more settling in, I guess.  Maybe that's okay.  Or maybe it's not.  Maybe it will be another year of challenge and change and uprooting.  I don't know.  I want to be willing to take any road the Lord tells us to take.  I don't want to settle in and get all comfortable.  But at the same time, I do.

So I guess my prayer for this year is that we would find some rest and refreshment as a family.  That we'd be able to get involved in our new church and make some friends and become a little more at home there.  But also that we would respond to the Lord's leadings in our lives, no matter what they are.  That we would remain willing to go down any road, to turn to the right or the left, to uproot it all and start all over again if that's what God says.  That we would not become too comfortable that we begin to be lazy.

Amen.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Amen! I just love your heart Laurel! And I'm so glad you blog. I truly enjoy keeping up with your family through your blog posts. Love you guys! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year celebration!! Hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...