Monday, February 11, 2013

and then they prayed for me.

Saturday turned out to be relatively low key.  This was due to some cancellations, and I thank God, because Sunday was a whirlwind!

I helped host a baby shower for my sister-in-law on Sunday afternoon, which immediately transitioned into a double birthday party for her 2 daughters.  Then we ran home to scarf some sandwiches before I headed to an adoption support team meeting through our church.

It was really a wonderful day, but it exhausted me, too!  This meeting I spoke of was an introductory meeting for a new team our new orphan care ministry is starting.  The team will focus on supporting and helping fundraise for families in the adoption process.  I was surprised and so blessed when they announced we'd also spend time last night praying for 3 families currently in the adoption process and...my family as we are living adoption every day.  It was a truly beautiful experience to have a room of about 20 people pray over my family and specifically for my boys and for their healing and for their futures.  I cried.  I held back bawling, to be honest.

I am feeling so blessed to be part of a church that is becoming passionate about orphan care and that is really striving to support families who are doing that through adoption.  It just feels good.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...