Thursday, February 21, 2013

Forward Then Back



We're going two steps forward, one step back, one step forward, two steps back with J-Man right now.  So we're trying to cling to those forward steps and keep them in our minds to encourage us.  I think every night for the past week, Chris and I have had a strategy session about that boy.  He is very challenging for us right now.

Healing does that, though, doesn't it?  Forgiveness does that.  Moving on does that.  Forward then back then forward then back then forward.  And as long as there still is forward movement, that's a good thing and we have to remember that.

I found this quote on Pinterest and I shared it with Chris over the weekend.  It's one of those things I'm clinging to with my children.

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths.  These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern.  Beautiful people do not just happen."  - Elizabeth Kubler Ros

Beautiful, isn't it?  I feel such hope for my kids when I read those words because they are true, aren't they?  And so I believe my boys are going to be absolutely gorgeous people.  And I claim that for them.  And I'm excited to see it happen.

1 comment:

Andy and Kristen said...

Laurel, I love that quote. I feel like I've seen it everywhere in the last week, and it is so true. My husband is an elementary teacher, and he sees the tough lives some of these precious kiddos go home to, but often those are the children that are the most compassionate, kind, loving... while I don't wish those hard times on anyone, they do produce such beauty if we look for it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...