Thursday, August 8, 2013

Forgotten God

I'm reading Francis Chan's Forgotten God: Reversing our Tragic Neglect of the Holy Spirit.  I've never learned much about the Holy Spirit so this title resonates with me. 

Today's reading asked me to "take some time to consider what fears you have about the Holy Spirit," which I found helpful as I move forward in this journey of knowing more about Him.

This part also spoke to me the other day:

"As disciples of Jesus, being in relationship with Him must be our focus.  When we allow others' perceptions of us...to control how we live, we are enslaved.  We become entrenched in the ways of this world and do not live as citizens of heaven...When we become overly concerned about our appearance, our spiritual reputation, our coolness, and our acceptance, we are living as citizens of this world rather than as ambassadors."

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I loved Forgotten God, such a great read and reminder!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...