Thursday, August 29, 2013

Manna

Money is a stressful thing.  Can I get an "amen"?

I can't tell you how many times in life I have said the words, "I hate money."  When Jesus tells us we shouldn't love money, I think, "no problem."  Yes, I understand the meaning of this warning goes a lot deeper than just being frustrated by money at times.  Nonetheless.

We had a very expensive unexpected car repair last month.  Aren't they always unexpected?  Stressed us out. We were rolling along all smooth and then, bam.  There goes every bit of extra money we had.

I used to get so upset by that kind of thing.  I'd think, "dang, if only we hadn't had that stupid extra bill come up, we'd have a little extra cash right now, a little wiggle room." 

When he was growing up, Chris's parents would always view these types of things as "manna from heaven."  They wouldn't focus so much on how they didn't have extra money any more, so much as the fact that they had that money when they needed it.  It really impacted Chris and consequently it has impacted me.  I'm more focused on the fact that God had given us that extra money because we were going to need it, not because He wanted us to have $1000 extra in the bank.  What would be the point of that, right?! 

Manna from heaven.  We have what we need when we need it.  It's really quite a beautiful way to live because it requires complete faith, trust, dependance on God.

1 comment:

My Thrifty Chic said...

Hi Laurel! I found your blog through Katey Rallis, and I really love it. Although I cannot relate to your adoption/parenting struggles, I truly enjoy your outlook on life. I especially love your "manna" posts, it has helped me change my outlook on some of the difficult things in my life lately. I wanted to write a little on my blog about it. I hope you don't mind :) Thank you for your inspiration!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...