Friday, August 2, 2013

What I'm Into: July




What I'm Into at HopefulLeigh

I'm linking up with HopefulLeigh today.

Reading:

Chris and I are still making our way through Shane Claiborne's The Irresistible Revolution.  It's inspiring and challenging.

I picked up Deborah Gray's Nurturing Adoptions again.  It's very educational...maybe sometimes a bit too educational and academic, which is probably why I put it down for a while.

My favorite magazine right now is Parents.  I always find inspiration there.

TV/Movies:

Chris and I are catching up on Burn Notice on Netflix.  We are really enjoying it.  

Our {currently on tv} favorites are Crossing Lines and Zero Hour.  Actually, Chris likes Zero Hour much more than I do, but don't tell him I said that!

We took the boys to see Monsters University this week and it was really enjoyable for the whole family!

Music:

Do your kids watch Phineas and Ferb?  Chris just downloaded their cd Phineas and Ferb Across the 1st and 2nd Dimensions.  I appreciate Phineas and Ferb music because I can enjoy it with my boys.  The tunes are catchy and they throw in some clever humor for adults in the lyrics. 

Articles:

Most of the articles and blog posts I read this month centered on the Trayvon Martin case.  As a mom of two black boys, I felt it was my duty to listen as much as I could to what people were saying in response to the George Zimmerman verdict.  These are a couple I found interesting.


1 comment:

Leigh Kramer said...

Burn Notice is such a fun show! Hard to believe this is the last season.

Thanks for linking up with What I'm Into!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...