Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Tired Mom



Today is one of those days when I'm just tired as a mom.  I'm tired of nagging, tired of doling out consequences, tired of telling my boys AGAIN what not to do.  Do you have those days?  (of course you do!)

I want a day off. 

Yet I know that this is my task.  My task of motherhood is to help mold my sons into the men God wants them to be.  My job is to teach them right and wrong and to help them become successful and productive members of society.  Even when I'm tired.

Today I need strength, extra strength to do that.  So that's what I'm praying for.  All you tired parents, do you want to join me?!

Also...I'm thinking a date night needs to be planned.  We've been so busy lately and that is one thing we've neglected to do.  I need to line up a babysitter and plan a little time with Chris.  What do you do when you're just tired of the day-to-day, or when you just need a boost in motivation?

2 comments:

Teamfuest said...

I'm not a mom yet, or in the trenches of discipline, but I have been feeling in a bit of a rut these days (could be our 6-month-long winter!). About once I week I've started mixing up the routine and just doing something spontaneous. I've loved it! Doesn't have to be anything too crazy, but even eating my meal in a different spot of the house or visiting someplace new has been so refreshing!

I hope you find the strength you need today! (And that you get a date night soon!) :)

~Kristen

Laurel Feierbach said...

Kristen, I love that idea! Thanks for sharing!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...