Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Fathers

So Father's Day was last weekend.  We had a relaxing day celebrating my husband and then joining his family for a BBQ/Swim partay.  We're going to celebrate with my side of the family this weekend as my grandparents will be in town.

As I get older, I realize how most holidays carry with them sadness and hard stuff for many people.  So for those of you who had a hard Father's Day, I'm sorry.  I pray you find joy in your perfect heavenly Father Who never disappoints, never leaves, never stops loving.  I celebrate Him every Father's Day, too!

That said, I want to tell you a little bit about the Daddy God picked for my boys.  He's pretty dang awesome!  Perfect?  No.  But kids don't need perfect parents, do they?  They need parents who love them, who make them a priority, who keep them safe and meet their needs, and who never give up on them.  They need parents who show up.


My favorite thing about Chris as a dad is that he does not give up.  We have had more challenges parenting than we ever thought we would, but he has stuck with it.  Through all the pushing away, all the heated words thrown at him, all the anger directed at him that he didn't incite, he has continued to love and to just be there.


All you adoptive fathers out there, I think you have a really hard job and I have a deep admiration for you.  Many kids from hard places have aversions toward men for varying reasons.  A lot of their anger gets directed at you even though it has nothing to do with you.  You guys endure a lot of crud.  It sucks.  It's hard.  But you guys stick with it.  And for that I applaud you.


Happy Father's Day to all the dads who stick with it and don't give up!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...