Friday, July 18, 2014

Stress & Regressions



We'll be starting up therapy again this weekend with our old therapist.  I feel a sense of relief knowing some help is coming.  This week has been really hard with both of our kids.  We went camping last weekend, which was absolutely fantastic, but adjusting back to routine and home is a challenge for my kids.  And then I realized last night how much extra stress Chris and I have been under this week, and obviously that affects our kids as well.  We've been talking about some big stuff lately and making some big life decisions and I know by now that my kids pick up on that stuff and it stresses them out, too. 

It always helps to figure out the reason for my kids' regressions.  It just makes me feel better, I guess, if I can pinpoint a cause.

I'm praying that therapy really helps us all.  I'm also thinking that E starts kindergarten next month and I think that's going to bring a whole new set of challenges with him, so I feel a bit of urgency to get J-Man to a better place before all of that hits. 

This verse has been hitting me this week, "But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who have faith and are saved."  (Hebrews 10.39)  In the midst of the struggles and the overwhelming-ness, we don't shrink back.  We have faith and the Lord will help us.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...