Monday, October 27, 2014

All Things Pumpkin

This weekend we ventured a couple towns over for a really neat pumpkin patch that has a steam train, which my train-obsessed-4-year-old adored.  My parents treated the kids to a train ride and hay ride, and we bought a couple pumpkins we're planning to carve tonight.



After the pumpkin patch, my parents kept the kids so Chris and I could go on a date.  We haven't been on a date in months and it was so good to have some time just the two of us.  We saw a movie and grabbed some Chipotle.

Yesterday we took a day to rest.  Chris found someone giving away free barn wood on Craigslist so we went back a couple towns over and loaded up my father-in-law's truck.  Why?  Because we have these ideas of building things lately.  We want to take junk and make it beautiful again.  And old barn wood fits that bill just right.

Today I got all domestic for a few seconds and baked a loaf of pumpkin nut bread.  It just came out and it smells divine.  I'm pretty excited about it.

Halloween's a'comin!  I think we're actually going to take the boys trick-or-treating for the first time this year.  They always put on their costumes and stop by each grandparent's house to get some candy, but we have limited it to that because they get very fearful with all the décor and costumes and whatnot this time of year.  In the past, we've had barely any sleep for a week after Halloween without even trick-or-treating.  But they've grown a lot and I think they can handle it this year.  We'll just try to avoid houses with any scary decorations out.

Halloween is also the anniversary of my husband being cured of cancer.  I think this is 11 years.  We usually celebrate with chocolate eclairs and candles.  I'm looking forward to that!

Are you looking forward to Halloween?  Any special traditions you have?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...