Monday, January 5, 2015

A New Year Post



Happy New Year, party people!  I hope you had a good new years!  We kept it pretty low key, as we usually do.  We went over to my brother's house on New Years Eve, with my parents, and some friends, and enjoyed a delicious dinner and hanging out a bit.  We typically celebrate New York time New Years with our kids so a little before 9:00 here, we headed home in time to let them do some poppers and toast with some sparkling cider.

Once the boys were in bed, Chris and I watched some tv.  Around 11, he fell asleep on the couch (party pooper!).  I was super tired and just thought it seemed silly to sit there forcing myself to stay awake until midnight, when we'd already celebrated as a family anyway.  How old am I, right?  Only 28, don't be fooled.  Mom life, right?


2015.  I usually make one resolution.  I find I keep it when I only make one!  But this year is different.  I actually didn't make any.  I don't feel like there's any huge stuff I want to work on or change.  I feel like I've worked through stuff this past year and made changes, but it's all been stuff God brings up when He brings it up.  And right now, nothing's really pressing on me.  And I'm okay with that. 


As we wrap up 2014, I thought I'd share my top 10 posts of the year.  In case you were wondering.  Or in case you missed any.  Thank you so much for reading and sticking with me on this blog!

Top 10 Posts of 2014

1.  Adoption Language 

"...most people just don't know the correct terminology to use when discussing adoption or talking to adoptive families.  We, as adoptive families can sometimes get offended or hurt, when really we should educate."

2.  Busy Busy

"Downsizing has been good for us to realize how little we actually NEED.  We can so easily become convinced that what we want is what we need, right?"

3.  A Face

This was actually my entry into a Best Faces of 2013 photo contest.  It's a picture of my E and you should go look at it because he's so picking cute!

4.  Forgiving Me

"I realized that most of the time that I'm walking around with guilt or shame, I'm the only one who hasn't forgiven me."

5.  Your Questions: When?

"I think we all feel fearful to 'pull the trigger,' don't we?  Adoption is a huge deal.  It's scary and unknown and big and beyond our comfort zone.  It's also beautiful, adventurous, fulfilling, rewarding, and full of love!"

6.  Forever & Always

"That's a huge thought for a little guy.  She WAS my forever mom.  She was supposed to be my forever mom.  What if you're not here forever either?"

7.  The Good and The Terrible

"It takes a village, right?  And sometimes that village looks different.  Sometimes it's family, friends, support groups, and therapy.  We all just have to find OUR village that works for OUR family."

8.  Stress & Regressions

"But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who have faith and are saved."

9.  Goodbye Garage

"...my husband and I just made the decision to close his gym, The Garage.  In a couple weeks, we will shut the doors and he will go work for a tractor supply company selling skid steers and other tractors to construction companies."

10.  What I Wish I Knew Then

"I wish I knew how much grace I would need for myself as an adoptive mom."


Happy New Year!!!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...