Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Meet Laurel



A lot of new readers have been hopping over lately so I thought I'd reintroduce myself to you guys!

First of all, welcome!  Thanks for stopping by this blog of mine!  I write as a way to process, learn, and hopefully serve my readers.  On this blog, you will find a lot about adoption, family, and faith.  I hope you stick around and leave some comments because I love hearing from you!

So, I am a California native who feels like I probably belong in Portland.  I'm 6 feet tall and wear size 13 shoes.  I have a degree in Theatre Arts and a passion for telling stories through theatre, tv, and film.  After doing some professional theatre and some independent tv/film stuff in Los Angeles and Orange County, my husband and I decided we wanted to start a family and so we moved back to the area where we grew up.

My husband, Chris and I have been married for 7 years and we have two sons, both age 5.  We have formed our family through adoption, which for us was Plan A!  We adopted E from Ethiopia when he was a baby and we adopted J-Man through fost-adopt when he was a toddler.

I stay home with my kids and I do a little photography on the side as a creative outlet.

My husband and I are part of a new home church and we are learning and discovering what it looks like to do church in such a small, intimate setting.  We're finding it really quite beautiful and are blessed to be a part of it.

Chris and I often feel like we're still trying to figure out what we want to be when we grow up!  We are more short-term planners than long-term.  We enjoy change, but have had to realize our kids do not!  We have no 5-year-plan and God seems to lead us on more of a week-by-week basis.  Really, we're just trying to fight the constant battle of keeping our hearts set on divine things rather than earthly things. 

I hope you stay a while.  Subscribe to the blog via email at the right side of the page or follow my Facebook page to keep updated. 



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...