Monday, January 25, 2016

Trust



I've been learning to trust God more, friends.  For over a year now, I've been practicing this little discipline I read about somewhere: when I start to worry or feel stressed, I say out loud, "I trust You, Jesus."  It's been so good for my soul and my heart and my mind. 

Stop the worry and just say, "I trust You, Jesus."

Try it.  Whatever it is that is weighing on you, whisper that little prayer over it.

So simple.  It might even feel silly.  But it's really done wonders for me.

This adoption journey is requiring me to trust Jesus a lot!  From the decision to adopt again, to the decision to put it all on hold while we helped our other son heal more, to taking it off hold, to the waiting as we submitted on multiple children, to saying yes to our new son, to the court hearings that will decide his future, to all the little details of his life and his story.  Trust has been and will continue to be required.  Whenever we take those leaps of faith or do those risky things, it requires a lot of trust, doesn't it? 

Risk requires trust.

So whatever risks you're in the middle of right now, or whatever ones you're about to step into, or whatever ones you're avoiding, join me in this simple discipline:  "I trust You, Jesus."

As God teaches me to trust Him, He also keeps reminding me of this verse so I thought I'd share it with you, "For we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who have faith and are saved." (Hebrews 10.39)

Whatever comes at us this week or whatever we're already knee-deep in, we will not shrink back.  We will not back down.  We will not quit.  The enemy doesn't win.

We are of those who have faith.  And we will be saved.  Amen.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...